September 2, 2014

Judy~Oh No! It's Tuesday, isn't it?


Whenever there's a Monday holiday, I get all confused, and today was no exception.  I just now realized I was supposed to post something earlier. Well, here it is, better late than never, I guess. At least it's still Tuesday in our time zone. LOL

I am finally finished with my third Camp Loopy project. Hurrah!  And it's the first finish in my Christmas gift list. Yay!  The pattern is called Tycoon Vest, and I got it on Ravelry.  It includes sizes 6 mos. to 12 years so is very versatile. I used Cascade 220 in Forest Green because the grand son it's for loves green. Next time I'd used fewer buttons.  The pattern calls for 1-row button holes, something new to me.  I wasn't real happy with how they look, but decided to leave them.  The texture stitch isn't difficult but requires concentration as it's easy to "get off". (Ask me how I know!) We were gone a lot this month, and it was hard to squeeze in knitting time. I'm also working on a stitching project but can't show it yet, and that deadline is creeping up way too fast. In fact we are going to be late for that, too. Sigh.... Have a good week everyone!


8 comments:

Barbara C said...

So I guess it's time to think seriously about our holiday projects. Good work on an early finish. It's a darling pattern.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Barbara. The texture pattern definitely keeps things interesting. Too interesting at time. ;>)









Cyra said...

Shhhh... you're not supposed to mention the "C" word yet, I'm not ready.

Very nice little Tycoon Vest, it has a great texture.
Looking forward to seeing your 'secret' stitching project.

Moira said...

Looks great. I'm impressed that your holiday list is already complete....mine is started but definitely not done.

Judy S. said...

Oh no, my list is NOT complete, just this one project! There's a bit of a list in my head but one that changes often.

ladyhawthorne said...

Super! Some is going to be quite snazzy come Christmas.

Suztats said...

That's a very nice start to your holiday gift list.( i haven't even begun to think about THAT!) Spiffy!

QuiltingFitzy said...

The shade of green is yummy! We really don't exchange gifts, but the holiday deadline sure makes folks antsy!