September 17, 2014

Fitzy - It's who I am

Yeah, a little late. I have such good intention, and such poor results, lol. I just kinda laugh and shake my head. I'm OK with it. I refuse to get my panties in a knot about other folks expectations. That could get me uninvited I suppose. It all works out in the end. I think you know I try, really I do.

With that off my chest...here is my block I've completed for my round robin group on facebook. Of course as I was packing it up to mail, I found the beads I purchased for the block. Why did I think I needed to put them with the rest of the blocks??? (Liked the ones I re-purchased "more better".) Had my block all in the storage bag, and half-way in the box, and I realize I'm supposed to write a little bit in the owner's journal. THEN I see I'm supposed to put my initials on the face of the block. Out comes the block...mind you it's 3:30am and I'm trying to get this ready to mail before work, lol. Get my initials on it, etc. BTW, the petals on the lower right corner are floating, they won't get in the way of the attaching seam! ☺

On to the next set of blocks which are already waiting in the wings!

Have a wonderful week, and hope I don't get drenched by what's left of hurricane Odile today, we're expecting a doozy of a day!

4 comments:

cq4fun said...

I heard Tucson was supposed to be quite wet! Hopefully, it will help with dry conditions - just wish it could hit northern CA, too. Your block turned out lovely, and it will be well loved, I'm sure. The other beads won't go to waste. =)

Cyra said...

It's ok Fitzy, you did your stitching, you posted, you rock.
And what a WOW of a block you did. Love all the embellishments. Great job.
I really need to get back to hand stitching a cq. Crochet seems to have taken over atm. Your cq blocks are inspiring me.

ladyhawthorne said...

That is one gorgeous block!

Suztats said...

Oooh, that's a beauty! I'm sure it will be loved by the new owner.
We all know life happens, and I think we may all have missed our posting time once or twice, so we don't sweat it. Besides, beautiful creations take time........right?