September 2, 2014

Cy - My Productive Vacation

Here are three weeks worth of creations all in one post, as I haven't posted what I made while I was away (hiding from the world).

 Afghan blanket 
At the moment this is still in three main parts and cannot be seen in full as I have not yet decided which part goes where, lol. But this is the pile of work on the afghan so far. 





 Cot/Crib Blanket 

This is finished.



And, of course, I have done some more work on the Building Blocks Quilt, now renamed: 
 "Party At My Place" Quilt 
The hand sewn English Paper Pieced hexagons are a great scrap fabric buster, a great project to travel with, and great for working on while in the caravan.


All in all, it was a very productive vacation.

9 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the colors in the unfinished afghan. The cot/crib blanket is cool with the color reversal and circles, very mod.

I'm in love with the Party at My Place, just gorgeous!

Moira said...

Great colors in your afghans. I really like how the tumbling blocks are turning out!

Cyra said...

Thanks Angela. 'Party at My Place' is my interpretation of high-rise apartment block living. Not that I've ever lived in a high-rise apartment, lol.

Cyra said...

Thanks Moira, I am happy to use up lots of scrap fabrics in that quilt.

Suztats said...

That afghan is gorgeous! I love the colours. Gee, you've been going in circles on the crib blanket and i like how it creates a nice pattern. And now you're having a block party?Stepping stones to the pyramid--very cool.

Cyra said...

Thank you Suz. Lots more stepping stones to be joined yet. Then let the party begin.

Barbara C said...

These are three great projects: I love them all. Great pattern on that crib blanket--it has a very modern feel. You scrap quilt makes my fingers itch to do paper piecing.

Judy S. said...

Wow, you finished 3 huge projects! Way to go! And they are beautiful, too!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

You ROCKED the vacation! I'm amazed at your progress. Especially fond of the EPP!