September 30, 2014

Cy - A month of hearts

 My Free Form Hearts for the month of September 

For my  Straight From The Heart Quilt 


Metallic thread Kantha Quilted heart in contrasting halves.





Machine blanket stitch applique with hand stitched Buttonhole Bars edging.





A Crazy Quilt Patchwork Heart with Crochet flowers embellishments.






A cute 'fussy-cut' rose fabric heart, appliqued with small cross-stitches in a variegated thread.




I'm still trying to vary the techniques that I use on the hearts, and I think I'm still coming up with new ideas that I haven't tried yet. So much fun to be had in a haphazard free forming way.
That's my lot for September.
See you in October, lol.



7 comments:

Moira said...

More great hearts!

Cyra said...

Yes Moira, and plenty more to come yet, lol.

Suztats said...

Wonderful hearts and a nice variety of stitches!

ladyhawthorne said...

You have been busy! They are all beautiful, I couldn't make a favorite choice if I had to.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Love your collection of hearts, and yes, each one stands alone in being spectacular!

Barbara C said...

Very nice hearts, the first one is especially dramatic and fun.

cq4fun said...

These are wonderful, but my favorite is the one that combines hand and machine stitches around the edge. This is going to be awesome!