September 2, 2014

Barbara is Getting Organized


I quilted the Forest Creatures quilt.  It got the black fleece backing after all, since the orange fleece was too small.  Free motion quilting is not easy with fleece, so I'd hate to do a big quilt  with a fleece back.  I think this quilt will go to one of the step-grands.  I have another small top for the other child, which I'll expand a bit and then back with fleece as well.

I realize that I'm organizing my space and supplies these days.  I unravelled three sweaters for their yarn, a steel gray Shetland wool fingering, a peal grey dk lambswool, and this very cheerful pink

worsted weight.  I wash and hang the curly hanks and then either leave them in skeins or wind up balls for storage.  Then they'll be ready to knit up when I am.  I feel the fall in the air here, so the serious knitting season will soon be upon us.

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the forest creatures, especially the cat of course. The leafy border is perfect for it.

Cyra said...

Great job on the quilt Barbara, and good luck in the forthcoming knitting season, lol, sounds like you are getting organized ok.

Judy S. said...

I'll bet that quilt will be much loved! Happy knitting, too. Fall came real quickly this year. The calendar says September,but my head is stuck back in February somewhere. 2014 has gone way too fast!

Suztats said...

Good to see you're getting ready for autumn and winter knitting. i was poking through my yarn totes (uh hunh, plural totes.... bad, bad, Suz!) The quilt looks great!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'm in organizing mode too! I'm going to resist all I can on the yarn projects...resist...resist...resist!