August 5, 2014

Suz-August Begins

 Before leaving on holiday, I finished my July HEX LABS for StitchMAP. I chose to do the spider design, using a rayon thread for the web and a silk variegated thread for the foliage.
The spider is created with hematite beads.














The August HEX LABS have been released, and I've begun working on the Gecko.
Now that I have the wall bricks done, and the body outlined, I'm ready for the fun part of filling in. I've added guide lines to help me keep my stitching just where I want it.
Hmmm, there may be beads as well as different threads added. Should my gecko have a bit of bling?


My garden is growing well, and I've done a few gelli prints with a new stamp. If you're interested, you can check it out on my blog.
Hope you have a creative week ahead.
Thanks.
Hugs from Suz

 
 
 

7 comments:

cq4fun said...

I love both designs. Your spider's legs are just right! I always have trouble getting the angles where I think they should be. Love the gecko. Yes, bling!

Cyra said...

Oh yes, Bling it, Bling it, lol.
Love both hex's. Such fun.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm not a fan of real spiders, too many toxic ones here, but as spiders go, yours is pretty cool.

Love the gecko and I think I heard him say he wants the bling. Apparently he feels he can catch the attention of more females that way.

Suztats said...

Bling it is! Thanks ladies. i like that bit about him getting attention, Angela.

Debra Spincic said...

Bling! Bling!

Renata's arts and crafts said...

Love your spider , very creepy . For a moment I was thinking your purple foliage was Lilac flowers and I actually could see the creepy spider crawling away . Gorgeous ...

Suztats said...

Thank you Renata. I had a garden plant and it's leaves turned purple before it died down, but lilac sounds good, too, since I love lilacs! Hope spider didn't creep you out too much. They do such good in the garden.

Hugs