August 12, 2014

Moira - Sigh...........

Teachers brain is setting in and I'm not getting anything near as much done as I was doing before school started.   Much less actually remembering to write my posts on Monday nite so that I get them done on time.   This has to get better.....   Not much sewing done this week.   Did get the waist altered on two pairs of pants (elastic added) and a sweatshirt for work embellished to wear on Fridays this winter.   Also managed to one quilt top done from leftover purple binding strips and a couple of pieces from my stash for borders.   This will be a donation for Sunshine Quilts later in the year.

Otherwise, my tea towel quilt is at a stand still because it isn't cooperating with me and I'm not sure what to do next.   So it will get put up for the time being.   I am working on a new quilt design of mine (testing it) that will be posted next year on my blog.   It too is waiting because I'm trying to think of a 3 word phrase that fits kids........and the brain is drawing a blank.   Phooeey........  Guess it's time to start something else....lol.




5 comments:

Suztats said...

Love the purples, Moira, in your quilt.
i think it takes a while to get into the groove when school starts up again. I know it always took me a couple weeks to get back to the schedule, and that was when I was a student. Long time ago now.

ladyhawthorne said...

Sounds like you have stayed busy! The purple quilt top is great, of course it's my favorite color too!

QuiltingFitzy said...

You KNOW I can sympathize with your being busy! I love your purple striped charity piece, it's going to make someone very happy. Hang in there!

QuiltingFitzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cq4fun said...

Or change the rules. =) I'd love to see your sweatshirt for Winter Fridays. Great use of binding strips.