August 26, 2014

Fitzy - A second week of nadda.

Still struggling to get things (anything!) done around work and work-outs. My project is still confounding me. I have taken a piece of plastic and traced my pattern onto it, and have poked holes following the lines. I've yet to try to transfer the dots to the satin, I'm still not certain it will work. It works transferring onto white fabric, but the receiving fabric has been especially tricky. When transferring onto the white howsomever, it appears that some of the permanent pen markings are also transferring. I've been told that hand sanitizer removes Sharpie, so that's my next step. YES, all of this seems a bit too much. I can't stand to be beaten without a good fight!!! Stay tuned for the next installment. Meanwhile, I'll be watching your spots for real progress! (I tried to insert a couple of photos from fb of my own blocks progress, but that didn't work. Can't wait for you to see the results~).

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm working on a project in my head that someone has requested...a real experiment so I know how you feel.

Judy S. said...

Some weeks are like that, especially in the summer! Take care.

Suztats said...

I'm sure next week will be better. I use a micron 005 pen to transfer patterns, The colour is permanent, but the dots are thin enough, they're easily covered by 2-ply embroidery floss. I try to use a colour near the floss colour. You might also try this:
On the back side of your pattern, scribble over the lines (you can see through the pattern paper) with a white chalk dressmakers' pencil. Then place your pattern right side up onto the right side of your fabric in the position you wish. Using a pencil, trace over the pattern lines. Where you trace, the white chalk will show up on the fabric beneath. This is a good way to transfer a pattern onto dark fabric without using white carbon paper.

cq4fun said...

I know you will win out! I can hardly wait to see the pictures.

Barbara C said...

Step back and give your project some breathing room until you're ready to tackle it again. I hope it gets more cooperative during its time out.

Moira said...

Don't give up hope on it! Or allow it to totally frustrate you either. Take a break if you can and work on something else for a bit.