August 19, 2014

Barbara's Little Quilts


I finished the baby quilt I made using my un-vented Foundation-Pieced Half Square Triangle Tutorial.  I backed it with fleece, which also acts as batting, and I bound it with a nice yellow gingham.  I'm becoming very partial to fleece backs on quilts.

Then, in a bit of serendipity, I ran across a bag of batting scraps I'd saved up, and I decided to makes some even smaller quilts (also known a pot holder).


I had this nice panel stashed.  I think I'd originally planned to make aprons from this fabric.


But the rectangular shapes made for perfect potholders.


I also resuscitated some orphan blocks.


Pot holders are perfect little showcases for some special single blocks.  Plus, I got to practice my machine quilting and binding techniques.

4 comments:

cq4fun said...

Love your rectangular pot holders! Such fun those pieces all are.

ladyhawthorne said...

Just perfect! And potholders make great gifts too.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The potholders are WONDERFUL! The crazy-brights are my favorite ones. I just bought some insulbright, can't wait to borrow your idea for some of my languishing blocks. LOVE!

Suztats said...

Love this idea for potholders! They look great!I've had some panels for several years wondering what to do with the patterned squares they have........This would be perfect. Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea........I was thinking they'd make nice pin cushions stuffed.....
The baby quilt is so cute, and I love a fleece backing--very cuddly.