August 5, 2014

Angela ~ A new project!

I actually started a new project but I'm not very far along.  
I needed a new purse and Walmart only had 3 to choose from in the style I like.  I deemed this blue jean purse more durable than the other 2 fabrics in the same style. 
But I can't have my purse looking like someone else's now can I?  I had a doily that had broken areas so I cut part off and stitched it on.  Then thought "That looks like a peacock's tail" and so the turquoise stitching began.  
I'll add beads too at some point.  I made do more stitching in lots of colors, or not, we'll see.

4 comments:

Suztats said...

I think that's going to be one fabulous peacock purse! Looking forward to seeing more.

cq4fun said...

Interesting start! You always have such different things going on. I like the re-use of the yellow doily.

Cyra said...

Oh, fabulous Angela.
The crochet design is actually called 'pineapple' pattern, but I can see the likeness to a peacocks tail.
I really like your individuality and love that the design 'spoke' to you.
It will be a unique bag.

Debra Spincic said...

This will be a super purse! Why be ordinary?