July 22, 2014

Suz --- Wedding Piece Finished!!

The wedding piece is finally fini! Which is a very good thing as we'll be driving down the highway this morning to deliver it to the happy couple.
There were a few changes made, a slight disaster with the damp stretching! and difficulties with stitching the back, but thankfully, the wedding piece is framed. You may notice some colouring around the edges from the photo running when the water came a bit too close, but it's just some   antiquing of the piece...... ;-o ..... well, that's my story, anyway. A bit of added flower clusters helps, I think, to disguise things a bit..........
Silk ribbon flowers were added and beads peeking through some of the bullions, and beads on the clusters.......
The photos speak for themselves, although I must point out the fabulous intarsia frame DH has made for this. Believe it or not, it's his first intarsia piece!
 







Aaaccckkk!



































We learned quite a bit creating this wedding piece. I think a plain border around the stitching might look better. Perhaps we'll try that on the next one!
I'll be away on holiday next week without computer access, so have a fun and creative two weeks!
Thanks.
Hugs from Suz
 

15 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh my!
Oh my!
Oh Oh my!!!
Totally gobsmacked by it all.

Congrats to you and DH for creating this wonderful piece. A partnership of man and woman, traditional and contemporary, excellence in workmanship.

Moira said...

wonderful work! The frame is lovely.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love that word gobsmacked, totally fits the bill here!

Suztats said...

*:"> blushing Thanks Cy! I must tell you I came home empty-handed-- they loved it, so now I'll have to make one for myself.....after I do the second wedding one.........

Hugs

Suztats said...

Thanks Moira and Lady H.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I thought the stitching was amazing, which left me nothing for the finished piece. O.M.G. It's beautiful! Hope you BOTH are very proud, what a beautiful gift.

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on your finished piece. The stitching is gorgeous.

FredaB said...

This is so gorgeous and the frame is wonderful. Give your hubby a star.

This is a lifetime piece to be passed on.

Hugs
FredaB

Suztats said...

Thanks so much, Barbara and Fitzy!

I'll give hubby a gold star, Freda! He did a super job! Thanks.

Hugs

Debra Spincic said...

Truly a work of love and excellent needlework. So beautiful!

Renata's arts and crafts said...

This is absolutely amazing and the frame is keeping in with the idea.
Lovely heirloom and hope will bring them good luck in life.

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra, and Renata for your lovely comments.

Judy S. said...

Fabulous, Suz! That frame is wonderful, and you already know I think your stitching is terrific. The two of you have created a family heirloom, that's for sure! Have a great trip and safe travels, too.

Suztats said...

Thanks Judy! We;re off to the wedding later today, and then we go from there for our holiday. Thanks for the good wishes. It's supposed to rain every day except maybe Tuesday and Friday. sheesh. So I'm taking some stitching, just in case the weatherman is right.

cq4fun said...

Truly gorgeous! I had no idea it was going to be framed that way, or look so pretty when I could see the whole thing together. Really nice piece, and I think you must love them a lot to do all that work to give them! Now you deserve a holiday. =)