July 22, 2014

Susan: Pictureless Again in Margaritaville

Yeah, no computer, but no margaritas either, so that's 50% okay. =) Instead of pictures, here's a list of this week's work:

1. Both of the American Hero Star quilts were finished and bordered.
2. Another American Hero quilt was finished.
3. 14 Beepie blocks were finished.
4. A secret mystery was moved along.
5. Plans for another quilt were made, and some cutting done.

No CQ. I kept planning to sit down and do some, but it was a crazy week, so it never happened. I did box up a bunch of wonderful thread, beads, laces, SR, and send it off to a friend who is taking Kathy Shaw's beginning course. She's excited and has never done anything like this. She wants to do a genealogy quilt. That was my involvement in CQ this week, about 2 hours of sorting through my stuff and Fran's stuff to fill a little box for Karen. Better than nothing, and I did find something that might turn into the 2016 CQJP - never hurts to plan ahead! Since I already have 2015's project picked out, I had to put this one in 2016.

Next week, I'm going to Charlotte, NC, for the AQS show there. It's a drive over Tuesday, see the show Wednesday and drive home kind of thing. A friend is going with me, too. And that's all the news that fits.

8 comments:

Cyra said...

I like your forward planning and forward thinking Susan, lol.

Moira said...

Well poop to having no pics. =( I'm impressed at how much you've been able to get finished. =)

And I'm jealous of your trip to the show. Have a good time for me.

ladyhawthorne said...

I have no idea how you get so much done but you make me tired just thinking about it!

Suztats said...

What plans! Wow-already thinking of 2016 projects! You go.
Have fun at the show.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Have fun at the show, wish I could go! Daughter #3 lives near Charlotte. Thanks for sharing even more of your goodies, I'm sure your friend appreciated it, know I did!! I'm not a planner, but am a wee bit envious of your planning for 2016 already!!

Barbara C said...

Sorting through supplies is one of my favorite parts of the process, and definitely gets the creative wheels spinning. Once again, you've accomplished a lot.

Judy S. said...

2016 will be here in a blink of the eye if this year is any indication of the speed with which time passes. Lucky Karen, as I know you will send her some fun goodies. Sounds to me like you've been very productive!

cq4fun said...

Finally have the computer back this week and there will be pictures Tuesday! I even did something to show. Now to comment, almost a week late. =P