July 15, 2014

Susan: No Pictures

Not that I haven't been doing anything. Not that I haven't taken pictures. I have no way to upload them to my old computer. So, I finished putting 48 log cabin donated blocks into three quilt tops this week. I have about 7 feet left to bind on the pink and green quilt that was made by my friend, Fran, and quilted by me in about 2003.

In CQ news, I made some progress on Mama's block. There's a lime green ribbon bow sewn into one corner with French knots. Two more seams flank the one I showed last week ... or maybe that was the week before? One is a closed fly-stitch undulating thing, and the other is also curvy with some embellishment. These are more in the lime to deep teal color range, and I'm seeing a pattern emerge here. I will have to force myself to use some other colors soon!

I think I'll go finish the binding, and then work on some more donated patriotic blocks. I laid some out on the floor last night, and I like what it is, though it's quite a conglomeration of blocks.

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

You have been busy! Hope your photo situation gets resolved soon.

Cyra said...

What a busy little bee you've been. Hope you get your computer issue sorted soon so that we can see the lovely things that you have been working on.

Suztats said...

Sounds like you've accomplished quite a lot! Can't wait to see the photos.

Judy S. said...

I guess the upside is that you're getting a whole lot accomplished! I know it's frustrating though....