July 29, 2014

Susan: CQJP2014: April Block - All the Pretty Pictures!

The finish of July will likely not see the finish of my April block, but there was quite a bit of progress Saturda, which I'll show you, and here are pictures from the week before, when I couldn't put up any pictures.

I think Seam 74 was the last one I showed before the computer went away. Here it is with 75 next to it. Click to enlarge.

Seams 74-75

The other seam which was finished before last week was Seam 76 (although I did add the yellow bit Saturday - seemed to need something there):

Seam 76

In addition, I did this ribbon embellishment down on the lower corner of the block.

Embellishment28

Saturday, most of my sewing was more seams. 77-79 are now finished and the fan only needs two more short ones. A lot of the fan seams came from Miss Annie Loopylace's blog, which you can find HERE. Most of the seams I've been using lately came from her 2008 posts. Unlike most seams I copy, I haven't changed much of anything on the ones from Annie!

Seams 74, 77, 78, and 79 are all from Annie, and the ribbon idea came from her blog somewhere, too - on a purse, if I remember correctly. So here are the additional seams, and a group shot of the fan, needing two more end seams.

Seam 77:

Seam 78:

Seam 79

Everybody playing nicely together:

That's it for this week! I'm traveling to Charlotte, NC, today, with a friend, to see the AQS show tomorrow. If there are any CQ projects, I'll be sure to take pictures to share, if allowed.

9 comments:

Renata's arts and crafts said...

Very beautiful and delicate.

ladyhawthorne said...

This is just gorgeous. It is so airy and the colors are perfect.

Judy S. said...

What a bunch of lovely seams! Have fun at the quilt show. And please do share the photos!

Cyra said...

Well, this was definitely worth waiting for. Beautiful seam adornments.
Love the ribbon embellishment, and those colours.
One day I would like to travel to the AQS. I bet that would be an eye-opener for me.
Hope that you have a great time on my behalf, lol.

Debra Spincic said...

Much needed R&R at the show! Don't get too overwhelmed!

Pretty seams too.

Barbara C said...

The beading is really lovely in these seams. Enjoy the quilt show.

Moira said...

Lovely! Enjoy the show.

Suztats said...

Your seams are always so delicate, and in very pretty thread. I think they go together splendidly!

QuiltingFitzy said...

How'd you fair at the show? "Well", I hope, lol.

You've really made great progress on your work as shown. Love the color and contrast.

LOVELY!