July 1, 2014

Moira - finished quilt

Was in a study program over at Purdue University all of last week and didn't get any sewing done at all.   Had taken the kitty CQ, but forgot scissors and the right color thread for what I wanted to do....Oh well, was generally too tired after the day was done to even think of working on it anyway.

Once I was back on Sat. afternoon though I've been getting some things done.   Yesterday's finish was this commissioned baby quilt for a gal that I work with at the store.  Finished size is approximately 40" by 52".  I also finished two quick skirts for one of my nieces for her Christmas present.
Next up is getting the backing for the wedding quilt onto my quilt frame.   I bought a piece of the high-end 108" wide muslin from work so that I don't have to waste time digging thru the stash trying to find something that would work for a back and then piecing it.   My nephew's fiancee/wife will be down in the Indianapolis area next weekend to look for bridesmaid dresses with his sisters and I have to be down there as well for a conference, so my plan is to deliver the finished quilt to her then.   =)

Once done with the wedding quilt it'll be back to commissioned sewing and working on the wallhanging that I need to get finished for an annual challenge that I participate in.  

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Very cute duckies!

You are definitely one busy lady.

cq4fun said...

I like the way the mitered corners interact with the blues and reds in the center. Great finish.

Cyra said...

A very nice finish on the ducks baby quilt.
Hope you get the backing onto your quilt frame and get that quilt finished before the trip to Indianapolis next week.

Suztats said...

Adorable ducie quilt!
Now I'm singing Rubber Duckie--Rubber duckie you're the one!
You make bathtime so much fun.
Rubber duckie I'm awfully fond of you...........
Ah, memories of Sesame Street!

Barbara C said...

Your quilt is beautiful, those mitered corners are very dramatic.

Debra said...

You sure can squeeze time!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yup, you've got it all lined up!

The baby quilt is SO cute! I agree that the mitered corners really make this one special.

Take pictures during your quilt giving!

Judy S. said...

Very nice! I'll bet the woman loved it. Great colors, too!