July 22, 2014

Moira - Challenge quilt ready for binding.

And the challenge quilt is ready for the binding, label and hanging sleeve.   The end is in sight.....Yeah!

Two new quilting patterns for me were used for the air and water.  Minor problems with the thread used for the water resulted in my quilting that area with my little machine and not the midarm machine.  Am happy for the most part with how it turned out.    Binding will go on tomorrow after work.   Am looking forward to having this one finished and mailed off.

Do have to admit though that I'm debating reworking the verse part.

Have been thinking about cross-stitching the second verse (have more linen) and then replacing the piece on the quilt.....what to do......hmmmm.....and yes that is what I'm going to do because I'm not happy with it as is.   And yes, I do make things difficult for myself at times.......

7 comments:

Cyra said...

The quilting turned out lovely no matter which machine you used.
Love the 'mirror' effect of the water, and the overall picture is great.
Well done Moira. Great work.

ladyhawthorne said...

That's a lot of work and looks fabulous!

Suztats said...

The water is fabulous! Well done.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I might know something about making it harder on oneself, lol. If you don't change it, you'll always think you should have, could have, would have. It' beautiful nonetheless.

Barbara C said...

A beautiful piece, I see why you want to replace the verse with cross stitch. It would match the monogram better that way. Lovely nonetheless.

Judy S. said...

Nicely done! It's lovely, and the cross stitching although a lot of time-consuming work will make it even prettier, plus you'll be happier, too!

cq4fun said...

And an interesting piece it is. How you'll have time to get it done, I don't know, but you always manage!