July 1, 2014

Judy~July First!

Even though it was a busy week with out of town company, I did get the Heartwarmer off the needles.  It needs the ends to be hidden and buttons sewn on and then blocked, but it is essentially done.  I had to start a new ball of yarn for the last two rows but will have enough to make a matching hat and then some.  Actually, this pattern would also work for a shawlette for a grownup! (like me?)



Here's Clockwork!  I reread the pattern which says it's supposed to represent the gears of a clock.  We'll see.  With the multi-colored yarn and the grey vertical post-like thingies, it's an interesting knit.  Everything goes on hold now, though, because I have to start my July Camp Loopy project.  Stay tuned!



A Happy Fourth to those of you celebrating!

9 comments:

Cyra said...

The heartwarmer turned out lovely Judy, and I love the colour.
Thanks for the link to clockwork. I now understand what the name means (sort of!). I prefer your colour scheme though.

Moira said...

Interesting knitted pieces!

Suztats said...

The heartwarmer is so pretty. I find it too hot and humid to knit right now, but maybe in the fall........

Barbara C said...

Nice shawls! I've been admiring Clockwork myself.

Debra said...

You sure can knit! Nice projects as always!

ladyhawthorne said...

Very pretty pieces. Too warm to knit here.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The Heartwarmer is beautiful, such a lovely color!

What is your Loopy project?

One of these days I need to learn this fancy knitting...I've done socks, but nothing more advanced.

Judy S. said...

Clockwork is a very fun pattern and a great way to use up sock yarn. It's taking a back seat right now to Lady Kina as that's my July Camp Loopy project. And wouldn't you know it, yesterday was the hottest July 1st on record here at 94 degrees. I only did some knitting at the hospital where I volunteer; it's air-conditioned!

cq4fun said...

I saw your finished one of these (slow getting around to commenting this week - last week - whatever) and it looked so cute!