July 8, 2014

Judy~ A Finish and Some Meanderings

Heartwarmer is off the needles, blocked and has its buttons! I had to start a new ball of yarn for the last two rows but will have plenty left to make a matching hat and then some.  Actually, this pattern would also work (without the buttons) for a shawlette for  grownups! (like me or you?)




On my needles is another Prayer Shawl for a woman in our breast cancer support group who's having a really tough time right now. She needs lots of prayers, too.



Mostly I've been working on Lady Kina for my second Camp Loopy project and kind of kicking myself for committing to that.  Oh well, live and learn.

In case you didn't see this on my blog, last Friday morning I found something quite amazing on our front porch, a recently expired, perfectly preserved dragonfly.  Many times we've watched them flitting about our garden, but never had we seen one close enough to admire its beauty in such detail.



Aren't those wings wonderful?  It was also a great reminder to take time to look around to not miss the splendor of each and every moment.  We are so glad that we took a photo when we did because a couple of days later the wings popped up vertically, making it much harder to see the detail.  Those wings made me realize how stylized dragonflies are on most craft projects, but it would be difficult, or at least very time consuming, to capture all the details, wouldn't it?  Have a great week!


6 comments:

Cyra said...

The heartwarmer is lovely Judy, with the addition of the buttons, and yes, it would be nice to have one in adult size.

Prayers for your friend, yes indeed. A very nice Prayer Shawl, love that yarn.

Thank you for the lovely photo of the dragonfly. Sad for the dragonfly, but amazing for us who can now appreciate the beauty of its intricate wings. Isn't nature wonderful.



Suztats said...

What a great shot of the dragonfly! I love the shimmer and coloration of its wings.
Pretty heartwarmer, and the shawl will be stunning in that yarn.

ladyhawthorne said...

Lovely shawl and have prayed for your friend.

I love dragonflies and damselflies, so pretty. Sunday we had a walking stick on the side of the house near the door. I don't think he was fooling anyone there, lol.

cq4fun said...

I looked at some yarns today and nice ones like you use are costly! Confirmed for me that I'm not learning to knit. =)

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love the idea of a Prayer Shawl, very thoughtful. Dragonflies give me the willies! I have no idea why...they sure are pretty, and often have wonderful colors!

Judy S. said...

We were so glad to have taken that photo when we did because a couple days later the wings popped up to vertical, and the details were much harder to see! I've been pulling lots of weeds and working on Lady Kina. Photos of that soon.