July 22, 2014

Fitzy - Shisha!

I am in the "Crazy Quilting Divas" group on Facebook. I know many of you choose not to participate in fb activities, so I'll risk showing my contributions here. Hope you don't mind.

We created a Round Robin exchange, whereas we made 6 blocks to pass around on a monthly basis. The one shown below is the one I have chose to decorate for Annette. I tried the new-to-me stitch Shisha...and I love it! I used 1/4" mirrors, similar to unpressed sequins. They came from that secondhand crafting store I visited a few months ago.

Now I'm looking for suggestions for something else on the block. I'm totally not into faeries, and have hit a bit of a block regarding what comes next! I was possibly thinking of a large Queen Anne's Lace up the left side, running thru all 3 colors, and perhaps a butterfly or dragonfly on the Lace's stem...dunno, what do you think?

I apologize for being MIA last week. Something about lying on a beautiful sandy beach turned my brain cells into a relaxed mush! I really needed it! It was our annual family reunion that we celebrated in Destin, FL.

Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Cyra said...

I've not got any suggestions about whqt else to put on the fairy block, but just start stitching and the rest will come together.
I'm sure you had a great time on your relaxing family reunion break last week, so I'll forgive your absence, this time.

Suztats said...

Love the shisha sparkle! You might want to do mushrooms (some fairies live in them, and some picnic under them) and a ring of mushrooms is often called a fairy ring......or lady bugs, bumble bees, dragonflies, butterflies. Or magical beasts, or other fairies having a tea party. I like your idea of Queen Anne's Lace-- it could be a hat or a skirt for a fairy or a special fairy umbrella....
It's a cute block.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the queen anne's lace idea, that could be so very fun. Shisha are fun! I enjoyed doing them for the TAST I did.

Barbara C said...

I also like the idea of Queen Anne's lace. I'd add lots of other foliage and flowers.

Judy S. said...

Can't wait to see what you decided to do! You sure did a lion's share of shishas! Nice work!

cq4fun said...

The shisha looks great in that corner, and what a lot of work! Having done an entire year of fairies, and not being a particularly fairy or girly-girl person, I will tell you I just did things that seemed pretty on each seam, and it turned out fine. =) If you think seeing that would help, go to my blog and click on the tag for cqjp2012 - or click here on that tag, for that matter. If you don't think it would help, that's completely okay. LOL