July 1, 2014

Fitzy - Scheduling time

If I had something to post, I surely would have. I'm sorry I've let you (and myself) down. I got one tiny shape embroidered during the whole week, not even photo worthy.

What I'd like to know, is do YOU schedule time to be productive creatively? I'm an extremely effective worker while in the office. I can't seem to make that spill over into my personal life! Does this make sense? Maybe I just leave too little left? I think I can do something creative Saturday and Sunday. Pfffft! It's gone before it started.

I know you know what I'm talkin' about. I need some ideas. I need to know how you tackle this elephant.

5 years until retirement. I'm SO counting the moments.

6 comments:

Cyra said...

After doing a pre-arranged amount of work you can reward yourself with 15 (or more) minutes of stitching, and repeat throughout the day.

Or, you could do it my way (lol) and stitch straight after making a pot of tea in the mornings, and reward yourself with breakfast after an hour or so of stitching.

No elephants in my room, haha!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Up at 5, out the door by 6:45am. Home at 6pm, 1 hour work-out, dinner and bed at 8.

Guess I need to start dragging the needlework to work again (I just hate carrying everything on the bus, lol!)

ladyhawthorne said...

No matter how small, any bit you work on counts. Fit it in where you can. If you make work out of it then it's no fun.

Judy S. said...

I'm amazed you get anything extra done at all! Back when I was working, my projects were very slow in getting finished! (And I'm still a better started than finisher.) LOL

cq4fun said...

Don't take everything to work. On the weekend, take 30 minutes to plan something to stitch the coming week. Take only the piece, the needles, scissors, and a few threads with you. You will have to be more organized about your ideas than you might want to be, but you can take all that in a small bag, smaller than a lunch bag. I have a Laurel Burch zipper bag I sometimes use for travel work.

I find even now, well into retirement, I have to put things on my calendar or the day goes by and nothing gets done.

Suztats said...

I'm retired, but, even so, I find the hours can be frittered away on any given day. I do my stitching during my 'coffee (tea) breaks' during the day as well as during the evenings while I either listen to music or watch TV. I'm lucky to have lots of 'my' time now.