July 29, 2014

Fitzy - Better late than never!

I understand I'm my own worst critic. Maybe with LOTS of practice, it will get easier? Here's my addition to my round robin block.
I can see I need to add some more stitches inside the unopened bud, funny how the photo let's you see more than the eye. I thinking of of a dragon fly in the left upper corner, a nice silk ribbon on the stem and perhaps a caterpiller climbing up. Of course the seams are still "in need". All in good time.
Kind of creepy, I took the close-up and the camera said, "blink detected". REALLY?

Hope you have a fabulous week. I've added in some race training into the mix. I seriously need a few more hours in each day!!

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Ooooh, the queen anne's lace is fabulous! Maybe she did blink as she peeked around that flower.

Barbara C said...

Great job with the Queen Anne's lace. The block is coming along nicely.

Moira said...

Looking good!

Judy S. said...

More days in the week would be good, too! Love the QA lace; you did a great job. She's probably blinking in astonishment and thinking, "How did that get there?" I hope you'll show us what it looks like finished and before you send it off!

Cyra said...

Well, what a turn up for the books this is. Love your addition to it.
Could you please clarify something for me though.....
Barbara and Judy, in the comments here, mention Queen Anne's lace.
Is the name of the plant QA lace? I thought it was a cow-parsley or dandelion. Just goes to show how much I don't know, lol.

Suztats said...

This block is looking sooo good! Love the colours, and the QA lace is FAB!

Suztats said...

Cy, Queen Anne's lace is just another name for cow parsley.

Suztats said...

Cy, Queen Anne's lace is just another name for cow parsley.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Thanks all.

Cyra said...

Thank you for clearing that up for me Suz.