July 1, 2014

Deborah: Requesting a Leave of Absence

Ladies,
I have been so unproductive lately, and making such slow progress, that I would like to request a brief leave of absence until I can get myself back on track. While I have great plans for my weekends to get caught up and sew, something always seems to come up. This weekend it was family, and in a good way, and that naturally comes first.

It's such a dilemma, isn't it, because I do love to sew but I love being with my family too.

So if you will forgive me, I will stay in touch but beg off for a few weeks to try & get back on track. I hate to constantly post that I have nothing to show.

Happy sewing!

9 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Family is more important than any sewing project. Chill out a little and enjoy!

cq4fun said...

Sometimes the mind and creative functions need a break. Enjoy the break!

Cyra said...

Sometimes we all need a breather to gather our thoughts and to put our priorities back in the right order.
I know exactly what you mean Deborah, and hope you have some quality moments with your family.

I am feeling a little bit emotional at the moment about family, because last weekend one of my sons has moved out of the house and got himself a flat with friends. Yes, I know they all leave the nest sometime, and I'm happy for him, but I struggle with the 'strangeness' of not having him here.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Cyra, even when I know my girls will be coming back home, I miss them. I know I will be facing the same situation one day. Take care!

Suztats said...

Hope you have a lovely break, Deborah, and return with your mojo on fire! Have a great time with your family.

Barbara C said...

Enjoy your time off Deborah and soak in as much family time as you can.

Debra said...

Hope your time away goes well!

QuiltingFitzy said...

We'll leave the light on for you!

(No one understand better than I! Enjoy your time!)

Judy S. said...

Have a fabulous break, Deborah, and enjoy that family of yours. Have a great Fourth also! (We will miss you though.)