July 22, 2014

Cy - Heart Crazy

Straight From the Heart Crazy Quilt

Week 27

This week I have a Kantha embroidery heart to show you.
Free Form style, drawing free-hand straight onto the fabric, gives this piece a traditional look.


The pale pink heart in the middle is rows of chain stitch.
Other stitches used are: running stitch, back stitch, satin stitch and emphasized couching (where the couching stitches comprise a design).



And a couple of blue 'bricks' on the Building Blocks quilt can be seen on my blog HERE


Now I must get a couple more days of packing done. Just got to get the house on the market, and then once sold, we can enjoy our travelling retirement.

8 comments:

Moira said...

Lovely!

ladyhawthorne said...

Just beautiful!

Cyra said...

Thank you.

Suztats said...

Hot! Hot! HOT! Love the colours, the Kantha stitching, the heart within a heart......

QuiltingFitzy said...

The Kantha stitching is outstanding, love seeing it!

I've moved 24 times, I just love it. I know, I know...too weird. I just like packing and organizing and downsizing! (But don't get me started about my 30 boxes of fabric on the last move, lol.)

Take time for yourself! You'll enjoy the process a little better.

Barbara C said...

Beautiful work! This technique produces wonderful textures.

Judy S. said...

Oh, wow! Each heart gets prettier than the last one. Nice work!

cq4fun said...

I had not heard of this embroidery before, but I certainly love your example of it. Really pretty. I hope your house is now on the market and you are able to take off soon - or already did!