I have been busy creating, just not the sewing kind.
I've been working on the front patio which was faded out pavers and a roof and it was too hot to sit out there in the afternoon. I started by extending the patio out 3 feet to the edge of the roof and painting them, adding a Mediterranean pattern. You can see that post on my blog here.
Now I have the lattice wall completed and the succulent planter done as well.
(click to enlarge photos)
We have very high winds here and part of the reason for the wall was to knock out enough wind that the patio chairs do not go sailing anymore, especially when we get a dust storm.
The lattice cost me less than $20 since I used primer, paint & screws we already had, and the lattice itself was ripped down on the table saw from free boards that came out of a horse barn. Each piece was cut, primed and painted before being screwed into place.
The succulent planter is made from 2 short metal file cabinets bolted together, primed & painted.
With the rustic branch arbor out in the front yard I wanted to bring that element to the patio so small branches were silicone glued onto each side.
This is it planted up but not totally done yet, I ran out of the blue glass marbles and still need a plant or two to fill in the left side.
This is my little mixed plant group near the door. Papa's old milkcan holds a clay pot of plants, the rusted out bucket from the same place I got the wood has a planting of blue daze, and the larger plastic pot I dry brushed with the blue paint to bring out the detail, holds a gardenia. The Welcome frog will move once I get the walkway extension done and the pot on the right is temporarily holding a wisteria that will get planted in the center of the lattice wall. There's a jasmine in the back that will grow up the lattice too.
These are what has kept me busy for the last few weeks in addition to the garden.
You can check out my blog post for today for more details on these projects.