June 3, 2014

Suz---- Wedding Piece Progress

Happy June!
The Wedding piece is slowly evolving, and I experimented with a new-to-me (Casalguidi) stitch. Remember the 'winding bit' from last week? It was wrapped, couched, and then woven to create dimension. My version of the Casalguidi stitch is a little open compared to some, but I rather like the look.
I've added french knots, tendrils, stems, leaves, and bullions.
gradually building up layers......

















a cluster of woven picot leaves






















the Casalguidi stitch branch took a very long time













it does add a lot of dimension and texture













thicker than the lace



















how it looks together














a different angle




It's coming together slowly, building one element at a time. More of everything to create, and a few more surprises...........

I love this!

Hope your week has been a good one!
Hugs from Suz

14 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Impressive! This will be stunning...

Barbara C said...

This is a beautiful detail. What a great stitch to have in one's toolkit.

Cyra said...

OMG, that is a pure work of art. And I might also say, a pure work of love.

What a great introduction to the new-to-you stitch. You will be pleased to learn that all the time and effort you gave to creating this branch has been well worth it.

There is an NZ lady (google Janet M Davies) who excels in the Caselguidi technique.

Suztats said...

Thanks Deborah. I hope so, but lots to add yet......

Suztats said...

I've been reading a book on Casalguidi Embroidery and fell in love with the look, so I just had to try it. It takes a very long time to do a piece as long as this one........

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy. I follow Janet's blog and I've seen photos of her work. Gorgeous. I borrowed a book from the embroidery Guild library that had lots of photos and instructions on Casalguidi Embroidery. I love the look, so it may be showing up here and there.........

Moira said...

Beautiful work! I love how it is turning out.

Judy S. said...

Awesome work, Suz. The branch is amazing. Who's the lucky recipient?

Debra said...

Gosh, I hope the wedded couple appreciate your handwork. So lovely!!

Carol-Ann said...

"Truly madly deeply" stunning. So very beautiful.

Suztats said...

Thank you Moira. I'm pleased so far.

Suztats said...

It's for my BIL and his soon-to-be-wife. Thanks.

Suztats said...

Well, I'm telling them that if they don't like it, I want it back!!..... lol!

Suztats said...

Madly, yes! lol......sometimes I think I was mad to even think about this project! But i am enjoying every moment of stitching.....Thank you.