June 17, 2014

Suz---- June Update

Progress has continued on the Wedding Piece.


little details, of which more will be added

 

 leaves, and twirly branches





















within the V of the lace frame, I added rows of buttonhole lace in a pale, pale, variegated pink floss




















a few more flower clusters, some fine details, and beads will be added

Is it getting too busy?


















on the right side, another casalguidi branch has been added..........yes, it's even larger than the first one......I must be casalguidi crazy!



















a little closer look at the bullions.



I love bullions!


Hmmmm, maybe I should add a few more on the left side. What do you think?



Well, that's all the stitching for this week. I've been gardening and doing a few Gelli prints, which you can see here

Hope you've had a creative week.

Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Cyra said...

No, I don't think it's getting too busy, I think it is getting gorgeous.
Love the twirly thing, love the leaves, love the buttonhole lace in the 'v', love the Casalguidi branches, love the lace, love the bullions, love the JK's......do you understand yet just how much I LOVE this project Suz, lol.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really beautiful, all the textures. Gorgeous!

Barbara C said...

The handwork on this piece is wonderfully organic. I love those cascades of cast on roses.

Suztats said...

gee, I'm sorry you don't like it, Cy.
LOL!
thanks.

Suztats said...

Thanks Deborah. It's finally starting to match the picture in my imagination, but a bit more to go yet.

Suztats said...

Those cascades will be appearing all over the wedding piece! I love to make them. Thanks Barbara.

Cyra said...

;-)

Judy S. said...

Such beautiful work, Suz. This is going to be a family treasure for sure. Have you already mentioned the very lucky recipient?

Debra Spincic said...

Gracious! Such beauty and handwork. Really thoughtfully designed and stitched Suz.

cq4fun said...

I don't think it's too busy at all! Very pretty.