June 3, 2014

Moira -

Not much sewing going on here this past week with the last week of school being finished up.    Still have 2 classes worth of final exams to grade and final check out to do for the summer to do today.   Don't even want to think of all that needs to be accomplished before the start of the next school year on 7/31!

Did get a couple of quilted postcards made last night.   A lot more organic than I normally so because I just free stitched the leaves and flower stems instead of satin stitching everything down..  Both are 5" by 7" in size.   All fabrics came from the scrap bins, and the flowers are silk flowers held on by buttons.

Had pulled out a piece of CQ (the kitten in the garden) to work on, but don't remember where I've packed the stash of cq threads that I have.....sigh, it's been too long since I did any.

What I need to be working on now and for the next week is getting a whole bunch of the commissioned sewing that I have here made up.   I've got a week long class scheduled in a couple of weeks and that will take me back to where I used to live.   And would mean I could hand deliver things if I can manage to connect with the gal that I sew for saving me the money for postage.

11 comments:

Judy S. said...

Wow, I got tired just reading your post! Love those postcards. The daffodils look 3-D, or are my eyes deceiving me? Good luck with all your projects!

Suztats said...

Those are neat postcards, Moira. I agree with Judy, and hope you get some time to catch your breath.

Barbara C said...

Your postcards are very cheery!

Cyra said...

What a lovely dose of Spring you have just brought to me. Love those daff's. Amazing that you got this stitching time giving everything else going on in your school life. My middle son is in teacher training at the moment in a High school placement and enjoying it immensely, and my daughter is in adult education, so I know how busy you must be.

Moira said...

Your eyes are not deceiving you - they are 3-D! I add silk flowers to a lot of my postcards and when I can leave them as 3D flowers. I end up paying a wee bit more in postage since they have to be hand cancelled and go in an envelope. But I like the looks!

Moira said...

this is about all the spring that I've had - I'd swear we went straight from winter to summer here in Northern Indiana.

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

Thanks!

Judy S. said...

How fun!

Debra said...

Those are postcards worth framing!

Moira said...

Thanks Debra!