June 17, 2014

Moira - busy week sewing....

Was busy sewing this past week, very little of it though was with quilts.   Getting sick with bronchitis hasn't helped me any either....but I now have meds that hopefully will help kick it so I can get to feeling better.  I did get 6 more commissioned garments made, cut out 15 or more garments and getting ready to start working on the next two items.

I also managed to get the binding sewn down on a toddler quilt, and picked up a new commissioned quilt request.   All the fabrics in it are flannels and I love the focus print.  The top for that is done, but I won't get it quilted till the last week of June because of everything else that is going on this week and the class that I have all next week.

The quilt that I sewed the binding down on was one that had been in progress for several yrs.   Don't ahve anyone that it is immediately for so I may sell it or donate it.


7 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh Moira, I do hope you manage to clear that bronchitis and feel better soon.
You have been very busy with the sewing. Love these two quilts. Great work. You get my 'thumbs-up' award.

Barbara C said...

You're incredibly productive for a person with bronchitis. I hope you recover quickly.

Suztats said...

I've had bronchitis before, and there's no way I could do that much then! You're a trouper. Hope you're all better soon. The colours red, blue, and yellow are perfect for a toddler. Is that a critter quilt? Cute.

Judy S. said...

Hope those antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling much better this evening! Great quilts, I especially like then animal one. What kind of class are you taking next week? Take care so you're all better by then!

Moira said...

I'll be in a week long program on energy. Should be interesting and help build my knowledge in the area so that I can teach it better. =)

Debra Spincic said...

How do you get commissions for quilts?

Hope your bronchitis is at bay by now.

cq4fun said...

I like the border around the animals. It looks almost like a tiger skin!