June 17, 2014

Deborah: Purple Quilt

Making progress on the purple quilt:


I'm thinking that I'll add a narrow border, then an outer one of a double row of 5" square (I have plenty of those...)

I made it to the finish line with the 2nd dress - the lavender one. Judy is supposed to send me photos. I think it turned out really well and there is a little fabric left over which she said I could use. I think there's enough for a jacket.  Hemming both of those dresses was really a challenge. The skirts were nearly circular. 

That was pretty much my week, along with more yard work - moving day lilies around, another container garden, and a few more plants here and there. I had mostly green plants for the container so I stopped by Pike's to look for something with a little color.  I found a plant with reddish leaves which said it would survive with limited sun. I may be the only person who goes into Pikes and buys one $2.99 plant. 

This week I need to finish this quilt top and get started on those baby quilts. One is due pretty soon.

Can you believe it is the middle of June? It'll be fall before we turn around twice.

9 comments:

Cyra said...

The purple quilt is great Deborah. Almost done now, wow, doesn't time fly when you're having fun, lol.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Yes,once you get your momentum going, it goes fast.

Barbara C said...

I love your purple quilt. Those little flashes of green make it sparkle.

Suztats said...

Purplicious! That's a great looking quilt.
When do we get garden photos?

Judy S. said...

Seems like "Purplicious" is catching. Right now I'm knitting with a purple heather yarn, and it seems like my stash is tending in that direction, at least lately. DD#2 started it all with purple shoes under her long wedding gown 4 years ago.......

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Me too; everything I do seems to be purple these days. I like purple shoes under the wedding dress!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I can certainly update with garden pictures. I won't post a photo of the snake I uncovered, thought.

Debra Spincic said...

Your purple quilt is looking very good!

cq4fun said...

Ha, ha, I can hardly wait for that fall - A/C needs to last through the summer, and it's not doing so well. Love the purple quilt, and I look forward to seeing the picture of your sister's second dress. That's nice to have finished, isn't it?