June 3, 2014

Cy - The Thingamigig Doth Groweth

Yes, I am surrounded by squares, and the vest 'thingamigig' is growing.
I love the colours that are mingling together.
It was trial, error and frogging that got it this far.
At first I was stitching back and forth in rows, but the stripes that appeared from this variegated yarn did not appeal to me (I'm not a lover of stripes for my own clothing), hence the creation of squares which made irregular 'patches' of colour which I like, and I have been doing nothing else all week (apart from housework, gardening, cooking etc.)






It is very unusual for me to work on just one project for the whole week.

Will hopefully have it finished by next week.


Hope you have a great week.
Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Very pretty. I love the colors.

Barbara C said...

Yes, terrific colors!

Moira said...

I really love the colors in your vest!

Judy S. said...

Great colors, Cy. It's going to be a very pretty vest, and since you're heading into winter, very timely.

Debra said...

Really super! Really!

Suztats said...

i love the pinks with the purples and that looks like a grey is in there, too. Is it? It seems to tone things down a little and make it feel warm, muted and cozy instead of the bright I would usually associate with the p&p palette. This will be fabulous.

Cyra said...

It's not a grey grey Suz, more of a dusky pink grey. I used the camera on my phone which is turning the colours in the pic lighter than they actually are. The real colours are slightly darker than showing here.

Cyra said...

:¬)

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy, yes it will be finished before we go back to the mountain plot when it will be mid winter and rather cold there.

Cyra said...

I had a hard choice choosing the yarn colours as there was a turquoise variegated one too, and I love turquoise too.

Cyra said...

I have to agree with you too, lol.

Cyra said...

Me too ;¬)