June 24, 2014

Angela ~ Almost Done

I am almost done with the quilt, I have one bound edge done, 3 more to go.  Next week I should have photos of the completed project!
Sorry no picture today, I am in the middle of building a lattice wall from scratch--meaning I am ripping down old boards (I got for free) to the right width and length then priming and painting them before putting in place.  Tedious but it's looking good!
These lillies are blooming at the back edge of the garage, they are about 5 feet tall.  I think they liked the rain we have gotten!  And yes the side of the garage is slanted, they build strange buildings here, I think because of the wind.

9 comments:

Suztats said...

Pretty lillies! Kudos for your lattice wall. I'll look forward to the completed quilt, too.

cq4fun said...

At least you have a garage. =) I feel much better when my car is inside. Beautiful flowers in your yard, too! I wonder if I'm the only one on this list without a green thumb! I look forward to seeing the finished quilt- how exciting to bring that project to a conclusion.

Judy S. said...

Those lilies are awesome! What are they? You are homing in on the end of a huge project! I'm still procrastinating the binding on several quilts.

ladyhawthorne said...

Judy, the flowers are a type of crinum lily. I'm surprised they grow so well since it is so dry here. Most of them like damp conditions.

Dad's truck lives in the garage, but then so do I, LOL, that's where my room is. My car lives under the carport. Good in case of hail, not many cases of sticky fingers here thank goodness. Been through that in Houston, they never did find the car.

Barbara C said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt. Gorgeous lilies.

Debra said...

You seem to be slowly transforming the place. I hope your folks approve of your hard work.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Happy for you that you're almost done with your project. What's next? ☺

ladyhawthorne said...

I have an embroidered piece I need/want to do. It will have to be designed first to fit a certain size, kind of a blackwork piece but in green and metallic gold.

Cyra said...

Great to know you have almost completed the quilt. What a big project it turned out to be, but so very worth the time and effort invested in it.
We have a similar lily here in NZ but it is not so tall as yours, and is more pink. It grows in our orchard in the half-shade of the fruit trees.