May 27, 2014

Suz-- May Ending

There has not been a lot of stitch progress made this past week, although there has been some stitching on the wedding piece. I've put the Christmas skirt and wrapping cloth aside until the wedding gift is completely stitched, as there is a short timetable until the big day, and we hope to gift it to the happy couple before then.
Just a few peeks:
 The stitching boundary is marked by a row of chain stitch

More JK's have been added to the existing garland on the right side, and also anchor a beautiful piece of lace. It was a frame, but too small to use as I'd envisioned.........


the second half of the lace frame appears on the left side, also anchored with JK garlands.......


What's that winding bit beside the lace? I wonder what that will be?   (snicker)

You'll have to wait until next time........



Many hours have been spent in the gardens. I've finished preparing the beds, but it's too hot today to plant, so I shall plant the remaining bed, and transplant all the pots of wonderful stuff my BIL and his girlfriend brought me, over the next few days when temperatures are expected to return to normal.

I hope you've had a creative week.
Hugs from Suz


 

6 comments:

Cyra said...

OMG I love that angular lace addition, and your JK's are to die for. I must practice doing some of those.
Yes, what is that winding wavy thing going to be? Interesting. Keeping us in suspenders, you rotter, I can't wait that long, I'm impatient.......

Suztats said...

Nah, nah! (giggle)
Thanks Cy, but I can't explain it-- have to show it and its not stitched, yet...........

Debra said...

I don't know what your project will become but it is sure pretty at this point (and we can't even see all of it).

Judy S. said...

I've been gone too long, I think, as I don't know what a JK is. Oops, is it Josephine Knot? Like Debra, I'm anxious to see the whole thing!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the dangling bits, very frothy! You are such a teaser, making us wait.

QuiltingFitzy said...

TEASE! Can't wait to see your finished gift. Keep the momentum goin'.