May 13, 2014

Susan: March Block Ready to Stitch

I still cannot post comments on Blogspot 70% of the time. This blog is one of most that will not let me post. Today is two weeks this has been going on. That's why you aren't seeing me comment on everyone's posts. Eventually, they will upgrade again and I'll be able to comment. It won't even let me comment with anonymous, livejournal or google.

Here is my mom's block, the one I'm doing for March. I also have Candi's mom's block almost ready, but my back gave out before the last bit could be finished today. Mama was thirty-five when this picture was taken and it's the youngest full-face picture I have of her, though I do have some full-body pics when she was a teen-ager. This was taken about 1946 and I wasn't born yet.


I really loved making this block. The whole fan thing started with that piece of almost brown antique lace that Pam Kellogg sent me several years ago - at least five. My how time flies. I found the handkerchief, which came from a quilt show a long time ago, too. Everything grew from there. The picture is more off-center than some have been, but not all of them are centered. Candi's mom isn't either, but hers isn't curvy. It has a braided part.

7 comments:

Renata's arts and crafts said...

Your block is very elegant and beautiful . I like the colors and I like the white lace too is very delicate.
As for the posts I have same problem with some of the blogs providers, they would not let you to post if you do not have an account with them

Debra said...

Oh My! Soo pretty!!

ladyhawthorne said...

I love how this one is starting out, can't wait to see what else you add.

Have you tried emptying your cookies and cache in your browser and then restarting your computer? That works to clear a lot of weird things up.

QuiltingFitzy said...

For once, I'm not having any problems, go figure! You KNOW I love this block. That lace is just gorgeous....and the colors are just up my alley. Momma would be proud.

Moira said...

I love, love, love your Mother's block. It is going to be stunning when you have it finished.

Suztats said...

I Love that white lace! It's so pretty edging your fan. Nice, warm, subtle fabrics add a softness.

Cyra said...

Ooh the colours, the pretty lace, the fabrics and your Momma's lovely face. What a beautiful block.