May 20, 2014

Moira - 10 days and counting down...........

.......till the end of school when I can sew again.    Very little sewing done this past week.   Did manage to get three alternate blocks completed for what will be a lap sized quilt.   the roosters/chickens are panel squares that were originally bought with a friend in mind who has now passed away.   Working on this quilt brings her and good memories to mind.    I've got a plan in mind for how I hope to put it together, just need time to work on it.    Hopefully will have that on Memorial day since I don't teach that day and don't have to be at the store either.
The CQ piece below started with a piece of cross-stitch that I made yrs ago.   Fabrics were added to it to echo the sense of the kitten being in the bushes with the sunlight filtering through.   The only seam treatment that I've managed to get done on it is at the bottom and right side of the center.   Stem stitch, lazy daisy leaves & flowers and beads were used in it.  This one has sat for a while partially because I had no clue what I wanted to do next, partially because of no time to work on it.   I do know I want to put in a seam like Fitzy used last week with the daisy's.


Set of 4 coordinating CQ blocks.   Fabrics came from Susan N. and a mutual friend of ours several years ago.   Blocks have been made for a while, but haven't had time to work on the embroidery.   Not sure what I'm going to do with them and so they sit in the UFO tote.   One of these days tho I'll get to them.




11 comments:

Debra said...

Really like the colors in the cat CQ blocks-

Cyra said...

Oh yes, that kitten is playing in the shadows of the undergrowth alright. A lovely block Moira, and a beautiful cross-stitch.
The cat cq deserves its moment of glory. Hope you find time to pick it up again, and start stitching.

Suztats said...

Your kitten block is cute! I also like your cat CQ's. I'll look forward to more eye candy on both these UFO's.

Moira said...

That feeling of the kitten playing in the undergrowth is part of what has kept me from working on this because I really want to continue the feeling of plant life and outdoors in my stitching. And the mind just drew blanks on what to do next.

Debra said...

Been there--the mind drawing blanks.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love the sweet kitten blocks, they'll work up loverly!

ladyhawthorne said...

I love all the kitties but the cross stitch one is super pretty.

Barbara C said...

I love all those cute kitties. I hope they find their way to the top of your to-do list.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love the kittens! I had the idea of taking all those unfinished cross stitch pieces I have saved and making them into a crazy quilt. These will be adorable.

Moira said...

I've used several of my cross-stitch pieces in quilts, especially round robins. And have gotten some beautiful quilts back as a result!

Judy S. said...

How well I remember those last few days of school with the kids practically swinging from the rafters in excitement. Best wishes for surviving them! Love the kitty blocks; cats are one of my favorite things.