May 27, 2014

Judy~No Longer MIA

Between wonderful weather that caused the garden to scream for attention and a trip to the Midwest, I've been missing from Blogland.  Traveling did give me some time with the knitting needles, however.  Because we were seeing our niece in person, I was highly motivated to finish these Raggedy Ann booties for her baby's expected August arrival. (Other travel photos on my blog.)



This past weekend on Friday we were in Anacortes  to see friends, so we aso visited Ana-Cross Stitch, a fun needlecraft shop where this guy was sitting outside. (Don't worry, it isn't Dick!)



Of course, I bought some yarn and also finished a project.



Hope to finish this baby hat this week. The yarn is a cotton and wool mix.



The stitch on the cowl is called bamboo stitch. It's easy and looks nice on both sides!  The garden is still out of control, but I hope to find some stitching time along with lots of weeding.  Have a fabulous week! It's great to be back!


11 comments:

Cyra said...

Welcome home. It sounds like you had a great time away.
How cute are those Raggedy Ann booties.......and a lovely collection of 'knitteries'.

Debra said...

Blue is the color of choice it seems! Love blue!

Judy S. said...

You noticed? I seem to lean toward reds, blues, and purples with a little green thrown in now and then.

Judy S. said...

We did have fun. The 2 grand sons are still wearing their waterslide ID bracelets!

ladyhawthorne said...

Haha, love the skeleton. Great projects all around but I really like that cowl pattern.

Judy S. said...

I'd be happy to send you a copy!

Suztats said...

Welcome back!
Love the blues and those Raggedy Ann booties are adorable! I like the look of the bamboo stitch.

Judy S. said...

It's a very easy stitch, and I think could be very versatile. The backside looks good, too!

Moira said...

Love the booties!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Such cute knitting and beautiful color blue!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Those booties with the striped stockings are beyond cute! Great progress.