May 27, 2014

Fitzy - It's coming right along!

I have removed the center 3 times now, despite my desire to "not take out" and learn from my choices. Still not thrilled with the 4-wrap french knots, but they're stayin'! Leaves and/or vines will be added at some point. This flower took FOREVER, but was worth the wait.
My favorite "creative" item was delivered today from a dear friend's shop in Michigan. I just love it, and it's so very me. A little rustic, a little leather, well worn and loved.

Have a creative week!

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I think the flower looks wonderful. So does the bag, very nice work your friend does!

Cyra said...

Oh my! That flower is superb (even if it is not finished yet). And I have just noticed how well the petal colours go with the whole block. Good things come to those who wait.... and we sure have something good developing slowly here Fitzy. What a great block this is going to be.

Cyra said...

P.S. love the bag ;-)

Suztats said...

That is one fab bag!
Your flower is coming along splendidly! The fancy picot stitch does take a lot of time, but the resulting petals make it worth the extra effort, I think.
Are you planning to use a lighter shade(s) of thread in the flower center? That might give it some dimension and make it appear raised and rounded. Just a thought.......

QuiltingFitzy said...

Heh! I am now! TY!

Judy S. said...

Love, love the flower! The bag is very nice also. Does your friend have an online shop?

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love the flower, too. Just beautiful.

QuiltingFitzy said...

If you google "Extra Oomph", you can find info about my friend's shop in Birmingham, MI. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a website, but is on facebook, if you're so inclined. My friend only sells them, she does not make them.