May 6, 2014

Fitzy - Eye Candy!

I finished Prescott, AZ's Whiskey Row 10K in 1:50. Not spectacular, but in my defense, the first 3 miles were literally straight uphill. WHEW! We had a blast, and will definitely sign-up next year. Fabulous hotel on the courthouse square...yeah, good weekend.

Got in a bit of shopping as we explored the city; passed a quilt shop in order to hit a place called "Love it Again". It's a resale for crafting items, mostly fabric and notions with a bit of yarn thrown in. No tatting tools (I checked!), but I did manage to drop $37 on these lucky finds.

2+ yards of satin, some rick rack, chenile and metallic threads, a bit of lace trim, some ribbon, mirrored sequins and some fancy edged linen napkins. Score!

Have a beautiful week!

8 comments:

Cyra said...

Well, I'll have to go and lie down now just thinking about your uphill run.

Those eagle eyes of yours know how to catch the good stuff.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend except for the uphill running part; I don't even like to walk up hill much. It looks like you found stuff that'll come in handy for CQ. Good job!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Shall I mention that it was at 5200 ft altitude? It really was a stinker! ☺

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yeah. Well. The uphill part was only barely walking, lol. Really. That's why my time is so pitiful. I'll take it. It was my first 10K. Gotta start someplace.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'd be doing good to walk to the end of the road much less run uphill and at that altitude. You wore me out just thinking about it.
Love the sewing finds!

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on finishing the race. That's an important accomplishment. Good shopping skills too!

Suztats said...

Now that's a really nice score! Kudos on the 10K, too! I don't like to run, and certainly not 1k, let alone 10! Way to go!

Debra said...

Nice stash enhancement there!