May 27, 2014

Debra: Lots of Machine Embroidery

I've accepted a few opportunities to sell my work locally.  Each shop or show seems to have a little bit of a different market so I am scrambling to embroider pieces that will suit the shop's style.  It's been a long while since I did any major machine embroidery work & I've missed it.

Right now I am concentrating on big 18" pillows with a single motif in the middle.  From a design perspective, it's pretty basic; but, most people like it.

I was able to stitch these motifs today.  Each one took an hour to stitch.







Personal projects are taking a back seat for a few weeks until I can get my inventory stitched.

9 comments:

Suztats said...

Very neat designs, Debra! I really like the last one with the colours. I bet they'd really appeal to Zentanglers.

Debra said...

I hope they appeal to everyone! So cool and contemporary!

Cyra said...

As a Zendoodler myself, I can say that these are just the sort of soft furnishings that I would love to furnish my home with. Yes, they should certainly be great sellers. Get ready for a phone call from the shop saying they've sold out and want more.....many more.
I know that the colourful one in the last photo looks great, but I have a feeling that the black and white/cream ones will be popular.
I am sure you have found a niche for your skills. Great job Debra.

Debra said...

The Bl & Wh ones took an hour each to stitch and the colored one took 1½ hours (on a very fast machine) so I'll be pricing them accordingly!!

Judy S. said...

They're great choices, Debra. Pillows are a great idea and fun to have. I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite as I like them all.

Debra said...

from Susan:
I LOVE the black and white! Even the one with colors, too. These are amazing designs. I can't help but think they will be very marketable.

ladyhawthorne said...

Super! I know they will sell fast.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love black & white too. What a great border that would be on a skirt.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I agree with Deborah, that would be an awesome skirt border on a panel skirt! Nice color choices.