May 6, 2014

Deborah: R&W CQ

More stitching on the R&W:

I thought a little bow here would look nice. 



A couple more stitches to balance things out.


Adding my daughters' initials to the quilt. Possible embellishments to be added later....


A few beads here and there. 

I won't bore you with details about the weekend in Asheville except to say that the weather was perfect and the gardens at Biltmore Estate were beautiful. Just one picture:


I hope to get photos posted on my neglected blog later today. I tried last night but Blogger was not cooperating. I could not get this post done, or add any photos to my blog. 

I took an extra day off yesterday to do some sewing and work in the yard. I was able to get my SIL's dress started, and much more planting done in the yard. My goal is to get ground cover planted to minimize the amount of maintenance we have to do every year. It's a lot of work but will pay off in the long run- which is the story of gardening in a nutshell, isn't it.

And now, alas, time to get ready for my "real" job. :-(

11 comments:

Suztats said...

More lovely stitching! The bow and pearl are pretty and I like the way it's framed by the arch. It all looks wonderful!

Moira said...

More lovely work. I really like how you are adding in the beading.

Debra Spincic said...

Your humped stitch with the buttonhole wheels is very nice! So is the initial!

Deb said...

And hey, I drew that freehand!

Cyra said...

Love the arch and the bow. Lots of lovely stitching added this week Deborah. Great job on the initial, and I love the font type you used for it, and well done for drawing it freehand. Very neat,
The flower petals look so delicate they could be made of paper, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Debra Spincic said...

:-), there you go!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the 'A'...gee I wonder why?, lol. I am really getting into the red & white theme, so cheery!

Judy S. said...

Now we know our "go-to" person for initial assistance! I love this quilt, Deborah. It's going to be just beautiful when you're done.

QuiltingFitzy said...

As always, your redwork just stuns me. Keep up the good work.

Barbara C said...

So many lovely details, this quilt is going to be a beauty.

Deb said...

Thanks to all for the nice words. It's encouraging!