May 6, 2014

Cy ~ Heart Quilt ~ Crochet ~ Flowers

Here we go again, I've had another week of fun stitching for my
"Straight From the Heart" Crazy Quilt.


Five Crochet Hearts and a bunch of textured embroidery.


I seem to have a 'thing' about pink and orange lately.



Four Crochet 3D flowers for scattering around the quilt.


And a Checkered Heart with Crochet Lace edging that I stitched onto the blanket stitch surrounding it.



A strange thing happened this week.

I started reading a book that I found in a very old 'back up' file on an old computer hard-drive.
The story was great, and as I was reading it I started getting that de-ja-vue feeling about it, which made me think I had read it before, but I just couldn't remember how the story ended, and it was so good that I didn't want to stop reading. So I carried on, and you'll never guess what happened next (or maybe you have already).
There wasn't an ending. It stopped abruptly half way through Chapter 12, with me wondering what on earth was about to happen to those great characters.
Then it dawned on me. This was my book. The reason I thought I had read it before was because I was the one who wrote it.
Sad I didn't finish it though. If I ever complete it, I'll be sure to let you know.


13 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love all the crochet and I can't wait to see the finished product! Go ahead and finish that novel!

Debra Spincic said...

LOL Cy! Methinks you need to settle down and get some needlework and writing finished!

Love this week's hearts!

ladyhawthorne said...

ROFL about the book. I found some poems once and finally remembered they were some I wrote ages ago.
I absolutely adore the pink & orange hearts piece!

Judy S. said...

Your book story is too funny; I think you really do need to finish it. No one likes to be kept hanging! Every heart is cuter than the last; good job. I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Cyra said...

Thanks Deborah, yes I shall resume that novel one day.

Cyra said...

I though I'd been missing some hearts for a few weeks, but rectified it this week with 6 in one post, lol.

Cyra said...

Pink and orange are my "go-to" colours in this quilt.

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy. Only on week 18 of 52 though, so nowhere near the end yet.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I really love the crocheted edge on the heart...maybe one day! Keep up the good work, very productive. You crack me up about the book...how long ago was that?

Barbara C said...

Such nice crochet projects, especially the white flowers. I've had that de ja vu experience with things I've written, but running across an unfinished novel, and wanting to know the end, is a Sign From the Heavens that your book wants some attention.

Cyra said...

I think I started the book a good few years before we left England Fitzy, so, at a rough guess, I'd say it's somewhere between 15 and 20 years ago.

Cyra said...

I already have a book on the go at the moment Barbara, so this unfinished novel will have to wait a little bit longer. But I must admit, I'm getting anxious to get back to that story.

Suztats said...

I laughed when I read about your deja vue moment, Cy! Obviously, your book needs to be finished!
Love all the crochet, especially the lace edging, and your 3-D flowers!