May 20, 2014

Cy ~ Building Blocks Quilt

My apologies for going missing last week.
We had a last minute 'rush' as we got ready (yet again) to go for another week at the mountain view retreat, and only returned home very late last night.

I haven't been idle while I was away.
I was meant to be working on my  new  book on the  new  laptop that the darling man in my life bought me for Mother's Day, but we couldn't recharge it by solar panels power even though the man in the shop said we could. We will get a special (but expensive) transformer before we go off to our remote place next time.

Anyway, as I couldn't work on the laptop, I worked on my fiber and threads stuff.

 Building Blocks Quilt 

8 more 'steps' finished


That is the last of this stage made up now. I just have to start putting the next groups of blocks together.



 A Crochet Storm 

My own designs.
Four crocheted lace pieces. 
I did actually do five, but I've left one in the car and I can't be bothered to go out and get it.




17 comments:

Suztats said...

Your building blocks quilt looks great! Nice crocheting, too. I especially like the pattern on the pink edging. What's your NEW book about?

Debra said...

a new book or continuing with your already started book?

Cyra said...

Thanks Suz. Free Form Fiberarts is the book. My annual guild challenge book that raises money for charities voted for by the members. I'll be posting about it when its finished. This year has some very interesting entries.

Cyra said...

The Free form book takes up a lot of time, so I thought I could work on it while away (but that didn't work out with no power). I also thought I could carry on with THAT other book.
Ah well. It wasn't to be. I did get plenty of meditation done though ;>)

Debra said...

Yes, sure, I remember the freeform books. Very nice ones.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love the cobalt color of your building blocks, and what a pattern! LOVE your crochet projects, making my own lace things "are on my list"!

ladyhawthorne said...

Sometimes we all some time away from computers, love the crochet pieces!

Barbara C said...

Too bad about the loss of your writing time, your crochet is beautiful, so all was not lost.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

ABsolutely love the crochet.

Moira said...

I love the building blocks! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Judy S. said...

You may have been missing, but you sure were busy! What a fun quilt those building blocks will make. love the crochet, too. We've been without comuter access, too, while we were away. Amazing how much we depend on it these days, isn't it?

Cyra said...

Thanks Fitzy, the building blocks quilt has been a long-term project and is finally getting some action.

Cyra said...

Thanks Angela. I must admit that I really enjoy our weeks spent in the caravan with no phone or internet. Quality time.

Cyra said...

I'll be better prepared next time Barbara. A lesson has been learnt.

Cyra said...

Thanks Deborah. There should be more to come next week if I ever get around to turning this computer off, lol.

Cyra said...

Thank you Moira, I'm pleased with its progress so far.

Cyra said...

Yes, Judy, modern technology sure has us in its grip.