May 20, 2014

Angela ~ Short Post

I am a bit overwhelmed with garden and hardscape projects right now so I am taking a couple weeks off of posting here to keep up with it all before the summer heat sets in.  We now have 3 rain barrels set up and we can save the laundry water in them.  Today I expanded the front patio another 3 feet with pavers.  I still need to make a lid for the compost bin, help Dad with the gutter downspout, repair a screen door and create the succulent planter out of 2 filing cabinets.  Hope to have all this done in the next 2 weeks before Dad leaves to vacation in MI for 3 weeks.  Then I get to be Mom's chauffeur.

I'll check in to see what you are all working on!

8 comments:

Cyra said...

A very creative time in the garden planned. Good luck with all of that, and I hope the weather is good to you so that you can accomplish it all.

Barbara C said...

Enjoy your gardening projects! It sounds like you're getting a workout.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

AS long as you're staying busy... :-) I'm in awe!

QuiltingFitzy said...

TOTALLY jealous that you can have rain barrels. Our annual rainfall is 9". Good luck with your project(s).

ladyhawthorne said...

That's about what our rainfall in now, we are in a severe drought. But rain barrels work as just the 18 feet of gutter can collect a couple hundred gallons if we get an inch of rain. We are going to save the laundry water as well, we are switching to natural soap nuts so we can. We're already on water restrictions an d watching the lake disappear is scary.

Suztats said...

I'm planning to get at least one rain barrel. I love using the 'free' water for my gardens.
Take it easy, Angela, and make sure to get some rest.

Moira said...

Don't work too hard! And enjoy the time in the garden.

Judy S. said...

Wow, Angela, you have been busy! I am so curious about your succulent garden. How about a photo? Pretty please?