May 13, 2014

Angela ~ Quilt update

I've been working my way across the bottom of the quilt, out from the center to keep the tension of the fabric correct. I used large safety pins to keep it all in place and as I get to the edges I remove pins and adjust the fabric in the hoop.
This is the section I started on this morning.  I'm still quilting in outlines some squares just to be different.  Here I went in a circle around the angel.
It's cold in the 50's and windy today, I think I will stay inside and quilt some more.

6 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really coming along, Angela. This will be such a wonderful heirloom.

Debra said...

Great progress! and with the weather you may need it to keep warm this summer!!

ladyhawthorne said...

It will be back to 90 on Saturday so I think I won't need it until Fall, lol.....I hope!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Slow and steady wins the race! It's really coming along. We're expecting the 100's this weekend.

Suztats said...

I like seeing bits close-up to enjoy the patterns. You're moving right along on this project.

Cyra said...

Great progress Angela. Love the 'feature' quilted squares. Very enjoyable.