April 30, 2014

Suz: April Ends

I'm a month behind, and I think I could probably stitch on this skirt quarter for a few more weeks, but, in the hopes of finishing my CQJP on time, I'm calling it done!

Tatted, beaded, ribbon, and thread snowflakes were added
and this section of the skirt will be put away while I work on section #2


I may add to or subtract some of the snowflakes once more skirt sections are completed
what I have learned from this first quarter:

1) while providing contrast, the green fabrics take away from the red and white theme, so any new quarters I make may be void of green

2) small snowflake motifs get  lost in the skirt, so I shall go Big

3) too many different styles of snowflakes may be taking away from the overall look

4) I may decide to simplify the number of fabric patterns in new quarter pieces in order to get closer to the picture in my mind

5)  conclusion: I need to Simplify, simplify, simplify!
And that's all the stitching I accomplished this week. There was a large maple tree taken down, wood piled, kindling gathered for a friend, and yard clean-up going on. There was pulling of weeds and raking. And I indulged in a bit more gelli arts printing, and discovered it is very easy to make ugly monoprints! LOL!
I was down for a couple days under-the-weather recuperating from doing too much, but I'm feeling much better now.
Wishing you Happy Stitching and Creating for the upcoming week.
Hugs from Suz

 

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I never quite know when to stop either but it looks great. I will be interested to see how the next section looks.

Suztats said...

Me too, Angela! ;-)

Cyra said...

Great work on the snowflakes Suz. The beaded ones will add a bit of sparkle. I like that.
As for the greens in the fabrics - I don't know what is in your head, so I don't know how it is meant to look, but, personally, I really like the greens. Just a little bit of green here and there works for me.

Judy S. said...

I sure do like those large snowflakes! It's easy to overdo in the garden, that's for sure. Hope you're all better now!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really beautiful. I love the snowflakes too.