April 8, 2014

Susan: Nada

Bumpy road this week, nothing to show. My camera autofocus isn't working anyway, so until that's fixed there aren't going to be any pictures unless I take them with my phone, and that's not a very good camera. In lieu of my work, I'll share this link with a teaser picture for you. This is an antique hexagon quilt from Wales.


A Quilter's Journey shows the full size of this. Each hexagon flower is appliqued on a black velvet hexagon and stitched all around the edge with feather stitching. She called it fly stitch, but I think it's feather. What do you think?


7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Come back soon!!

Judy S. said...

Hope you get your camera fixed soon!

ladyhawthorne said...

I think fly and feather stitch are pretty much interchangeable. A very pretty look, bet this quilt was reserved for company!

Cyra said...

Wow what a quilt...............

Moira said...

Hope your camera is fixed soon!

Suztats said...

Betcha those flowers pop! To me feather stitch is just fly stitch with an attitude on a stem...lol
Hope your camera is all fixed up soon.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

What an interesting quilt. Good luck with the camera.