This past Friday and Saturday were my group's UFO weekend. When I was discouraged on Saturday by one quilt project, I switched to cq and worked on my February 2014 CQJP block - definitely a UFO!
This seam was inspired by both Needle'nThread video and photos and a desire to do something curvy, plus the fact that I love buttonhole wheels. They turned into fans when I put a detached chain as the start of something going the other way on the seam and realized it looked fine just like that.
I was in the mood to us floss today, which hardly ever happens, so all these seams are stitched in either Needle Necessities floss (out of business about 5 years ago - similar colors from Threadworx) or the hand-dyed floss I used to sell in my etsy store. I didn't dye it. If I live to be 1000, life will still be too short for me to ever dye anything myself. I had a wonderful dyer in Canada dye to my specifications. I had a line I called triads. Instead of variegated, the colors changed along the length of the floss - three colors for each skein. It was fun to use both of those older favorites.
Here are some things that were also inspired by Mary Corbet's site, and stitched in the flosses. Next time, I think I'll either use 4 strands instead of 2, or else I'll use perle 8 or 12. I did try the Aurifil 12 wt on the yellow French Knots in the center of the one daisy. I wouldn't trade my Sassa Lynne for it, nor probably my Valdani, but it is a nice thread just the same. The variegated length is quite long so all 7 FK are the same color, but it darkens in a few more inches. The other one has orange, brown and yellow beads at the center.
Before that, I had one other opportunity to stitch and here are pictures of what I did there:
Still about 1/3 of the block to stitch, maybe only 1/4.