April 29, 2014

Moira - Tea towel Progress

Not a lot of sewing going on here this past week thanks to it being just over a month away from the end of school.   Hopefully that changes soon!

The only thing I've managed to get done in the last couple of days is to get letters written and ready to send off to friends and family around the world about a surprise BD card shower for my mom who turns 80 the end of this month.

Today's pic show's the progress I've made on the tea towel quilt.  More blocks were made while I was at retreat a couple of weeks ago.  The blue in the bottom left corner is what i'm planning to use to make the river that will wind through the quilt much as the Thames river does London.  

I plan on cutting that out next so that I can figure out where it will lay and then I can start filling in around it.

11 comments:

cq4fun said...

Perfect river blue - though isn't the Thames more brown now? LOL This is going to be lovely.

Moira said...

Realistically yes the river isn't a true blue anymore............I'm thinking ideal here.....lol

ladyhawthorne said...

This will be a fun piece!

Cyra said...

Designing a quilt is still a creative pastime, and I love following the design process of other quilters. Keep up the good work and carry on showing us your progress.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Suztats said...

It will be so interesting seeing the Thames wind and wend around your new quilt, and how you incorporate the other materials into it. Hope the 80th is a wonderful bash!

Moira said...

The 80th celebration will be a card shower because I have to work through the 3rd and can't get the time off to head to Phoenix where my parents live. Don't have the money to do it either, but that's another story. Wish I had both because I'd love to go back for a visit to surprise my mom and see friends there. I miss living there.....sigh.

Moira said...

this design is definitely out of the norm for me, it's a lot more free form than what I'm used to doing. But that is a good thing.

Judy S. said...

It's been ages since we've had kids in school, but I can well remember those crazy days of May! It's amazing that you get any stitching done. I love that London towel and your quilt pland and the reminder that I need to get cracking on mine.... Best wishes to your mom!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I never imagined how busy I'd be as I "got older", I thought it was all a leisurely lifestyle...NOT! Your card shower sounds wonderful, she will be delightfully surprised, and treasure it I'm sure. (It's already HOT and WINDY here, but this time of year is just the best.) Love seeing your process for the tea towel...I'll be watching!

Barbara C said...

I love tea towel quilts. This one looks especially fun.