April 1, 2014

Moira - slow week here

Not much work accomplished here this past week thanks to the conference I went to out of state.     the only thing I've done is to get the strip sets  sewn out of red strips to make a quilt similar to the green one I made back in February.    Will be using scrappy white-on-white background for the quilt(s).   And have a couple of blue w/red patriotic prints pulled to go with the string blocks.

Will be working on finishing the quilt at the retreat next week, or maybe even before then since spring break is next week.  =)

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

That green star is really lovely. Will be looking forward to seeing the red one.

Cyra said...

Amazing what can be achieved with humble strips. Enjoy Spring break and the retreat

Debra Spincic said...

Your strip sets are really interesting--give nice texture to the composition.

cq4fun said...

Spring break! Wahoo! Don't spend all of it grading papers - waste it on sewing. =) I look forward to seeing this in red, too. It's one of my favorites of your quilts.

Judy S. said...

Very effective quilt! It will be fun to see another one in red. Enjoy your break/trip.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Hope your conference went well, how did the bag serve you? A bit jealous of your retreats...have FUN!

Suztats said...

Hope the retreat is everything you expect and more! I like those green strips-- they look great! (they match my skin.......I've never been on a retreat......bet it's a blast!)