April 15, 2014

Moira - retreat progress


Last week was spring break and I was able to go to a retreat with friends up in Wisconsin.   I'm know some of them for about 20 yrs now from various online groups and I had a great time there.   I made progress on four different projects.   I first added the border to the fav fabric quilt and finished off the top.






Next up I put together the string pieced blocks that I had put together before the retreat.   This quilt will be a donation to American Heroes.  Size is currently 60 inches square.   I need to add two more rows on the top and the bottom to get it up to the size they are requesting now.   Already have a plan for what I'm going to do, just need to make 8 more string blocks and 8 half-sq triangle blocks for it.


Then finished the remaining 4 pumpkin blocks.   Those blocks are now sewn together and waiting for me to get the applique done on the quilt top.   Of course I can't do that until I get the applique designed because I want to a different top than what the original quilt was.


I also got more blocks made for the wedding quilt, and the first 3 rows sewn together but I forgot to get a picture of that.   Next week!


With last week being spring break I was able to get some sewing done here at home before the retreat as well.  the first two pics are toddler / baby sized quilts that will be donations.   The bottom two still need final borders on them.   Next to the last quilt will also be a donation.   the last quilt I haven't decided what I'll do with it when it's done.








13 comments:

cq4fun said...

Seeing your week's work all in one post this way really emphasizes how much work you got done last week, especially adding in the retreat one that wasn't pictured. And now back to the humdrum of working for a living. =)

Suztats said...

Oh my goodness! So much quilting accomplished! You rock!

Debra Spincic said...

Getting blocks into quilt tops is such a big accomplishment in the stages of quilting. Really attractive tops!

Could the purple piece be a bed or tablerunner?

Judy S. said...

Nice work! You must have had that machine of yours running full speed! Where was your retreat? (I grew up in WI and am curious.)

Cyra said...

Oh Moira, this is a fabulous display of quilts. You deserve a pat on the back for these. Your own quilt show - way to go girl.
And the purple quilt, by the way, would look good on my bed :-)

ladyhawthorne said...

Wow, that's some major work you got accomplished! Love the purple, of course I might have to fight Cy for it. LOL.

Moira said...

Tell me about it! But that's the way it is when it gets down towards the end of the year. Looking forward to the summer when I'll be able to do lots of sewing again. =)

Moira said...

lol, the purple quilt won't be big enough for a bed quilt, well not an adult one at any rate.

Moira said...

Thanks! Retreat was at the Univ. of Wisconsin in Oshkosh at one of their conference centers. Great price and lots of room for the group.

I definitely had my head down, foot to the pedal and sewed like crazy!

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

lol, you gotta get it away from me first........

QuiltingFitzy said...

Amazing amount of work accomplished! I sure love ANYTHING red, white & blue~

Barbara C said...

Wow, what a productive retreat. Good for you for finding a time and place to dedicate yourself to your beautiful quilts.