Last week was spring break and I was able to go to a retreat with friends up in Wisconsin. I'm know some of them for about 20 yrs now from various online groups and I had a great time there. I made progress on four different projects. I first added the border to the fav fabric quilt and finished off the top.
Next up I put together the string pieced blocks that I had put together before the retreat. This quilt will be a donation to American Heroes. Size is currently 60 inches square. I need to add two more rows on the top and the bottom to get it up to the size they are requesting now. Already have a plan for what I'm going to do, just need to make 8 more string blocks and 8 half-sq triangle blocks for it.
Then finished the remaining 4 pumpkin blocks. Those blocks are now sewn together and waiting for me to get the applique done on the quilt top. Of course I can't do that until I get the applique designed because I want to a different top than what the original quilt was.
I also got more blocks made for the wedding quilt, and the first 3 rows sewn together but I forgot to get a picture of that. Next week!
With last week being spring break I was able to get some sewing done here at home before the retreat as well. the first two pics are toddler / baby sized quilts that will be donations. The bottom two still need final borders on them. Next to the last quilt will also be a donation. the last quilt I haven't decided what I'll do with it when it's done.