April 22, 2014

Moira - Retreat doings

Last weekend I was away at a quilt retreat with a group of online friends.   And was able to get a lot of work accomplished on several projects.  

I finished up about 30 more blocks for the wedding quilt, bringing my total complete to over 100.   And got three rows sewn together.   But did not get a picture of the progress.   Will do that later as I make more progress.

I put the border onto my fav fabric quilt, so that top is complete now.   Will quilt it this summer and give it to my niece.  

Then I did the final stitching on the remaining four pumpkin blocks, and then put them together with the sashing for the bottom 3/4's of that BOM.   I still need to design and complete the applique for the top panel of the quilt.   Design is in my head....just need to get it into paper & fabric.




Final top that I finished for the most part was a scrap quilt made with red string blocks and a coordinating print.
As shown in the pic it is 60" square.   After getting home from the retreat I added two more rows to the top and bottom of it to make it better fit the dimensions that American Heroes requests for their quilts.  





17 comments:

cq4fun said...

Three gorgeous projects, but my favorite is the star, though I am looking forward to seeing the banner you use on the pumpkins.

Debra Spincic said...

The Star quilt is very dramatic!

Judy S. said...

You did get a lot done! I really like those pumpkins.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love them all. You are very productive!

ladyhawthorne said...

Doesn't it feel good to make so much progress? The star quilt if stunning.

Suztats said...

Wow! You must be a stitch maniac! Lots of great progress. I love the pumpkins, and the red string blocks. Well done!

Cyra said...

Moira, I am in awe of your talent and productiveness.
I started writing this about an hour ago and then got drawn into the blocks of the first pic and then the pumpkins.

Moira said...

It was a case of "pedal to the medal", lol. Did take time for lots of talking as well, but was definately focused on my sewing. =)

Moira said...

At least 1/3 of the blocks in the first one are my designs....love having fun with designing. =)

Moira said...

It truly does feel good! Esp. since I don't seem to make that much progress during the school year for the most part.

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

I tried! lol.....

Moira said...

So am I if I can get the design out of my head and into fabric. =)

QuiltingFitzy said...

Do.you.EVER.sleep? I'll be so glad to retire (5 years, lol). Can't decide which of your projects I like the most...I really like the pumpkins piece, but I'm definately a r,w & blue girl!

Barbara C said...

These are all lovely, but your star is extra-special.

Moira said...

Oh, occasionally! LOL

Moira said...

Thanks!